A GIF showing what it’s like to wake up with sleep paralysis.
You’re forgetting the terrifying hallucinations
As someone who’s had sleep paralysis multiple times, let me tell you that if your mind has woken up and your body hasn’t DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN YOUR EYES. Wake your body up first by slowly trying to move it, wiggle your toes and hands, then gradually work your way up until your body is fully awake. Opening your eyes when you have sleep paralysis is hard enough, but when you do there is a good chance you can see hallucinations like this.
I also have been the victim of sleep paralysis too many times, its bad enough without hallucinations, and so i thought i would add some info on sleep paralysis for anyone who suffers from it.
- As Shada said, wiggling toes and hands are good ways to snap out of it, although other small body parts work, even humming/talking (although things related to breathing might be more difficult). Just FOCUS on one part, its hard to regain control, but easy to become paralyzed again.
- Once you can move again, dont go right back to sleep, you might get paralyzed again. Or have the worst dreams of your life. Turn on a light, do something relaxing, like reading a book. Its been said that looking at a light before sleeping can prevent sleep paralysis.
- Sleeping on your back rises the chances of you getting sleep paralysis. If you get it a lot, pay attention to what position you are in when it occurs.
- Hallucinations, the best part, arent just things like in the gif above. They could be anything from just dark shapes floating around, to scary monsters and demons to sounds and feeling like something is shaking/touching you. I’ve had an experience where it felt like my bed was shaking while a metallic screeching sound roared whenever i tried to breath. Solution? ignore it. Its all you can do. Hallucinations cant actually do anything to you, and you cant move again if you’re being distracted. And once the paralysis is gone, so are the hallucinations.
- Most people dont really have to worry, they will only get it once or twice in their life. Maybe not even ever! :D
listen to the person above when they say you should NOT open your eyes, because chances that you’ll see something that is uniquely terrifying to you are strong. and if it’s really bad, you might even start seeing scary shit even when your eyes are closed
my tip is to imagine the most ridiculous image/scene ever and keep replaying it in your head, over and over again, like robert downey jr butt naked or hugh dancy being confronted by police for taking pictures of airport carpets, etcetera etcetera
trust me. it works
Example of scary shit you may see if you open your eyes, especially if you believe in the supernatural, may include anything from ghostly dark shadows, horrible clowns, devils and aliens (Big deep black eyes included). Terrifying enough that I’ve failed to scream for the duration of the hallucination! T__T
WHAT IS THIS e-SORCERY!?
It’s almost that time of the year again~!
This is the first time as a polyamorous person I get to kinda experiment a poly’s worst nightmare: Lack of Time.
For most of us, poly people, Valentine’s can be either just another day in the calendar or the most busy, hard, tiring and longest day of the year; it’s all up to your particular group of lovers. It all comes down to the expectations of your lovers too, not only of their concept of Valentine’s and their fondness (or lack of it) toward this celebration.
Sure! Some people love it, some people hate it. I’m sure you have been in either shoe when, in a relationship, Valentines comes and someone doesn’t wanna do something but the other one does. Well, in poly relationships there is a slight higher chance to see this come up. Yet, we have two solutions here:
- Polyamorous people see this “Love” thing slightly different and are more prone to celebrate Love more often and not only on special occasions. Most would rather be surprised by a spontaneous, random love letter on any random Tuesday than expect to receive a fancy dinner and a box of chocolate on February 14th every year. We are often reminded that you don’t need an excuse to share your excess of love by our lifestyle, something that V-Day haters argument but seldom practice. I’m going toward something with this later.
- We solve the problem with that thing which, if we would have a lack of it, polyamory wouldn’t be feasible: Communication. Planning and agreements are the keystones. Something in the lines of: "This year, we are trying this approach to Valentine’s Day. Dan and Dawn have a date the day before, Dan and Karen have a date the day after and we’re going to spend the actual day all together." And if one of them really wouldn’t like to participate and the other is okay then they just spend their corresponding day as normal; it’s yet another normal day anyway! Only problem here is that you may find your resources taking a hit but only if you are prone to materialism. Doing something to commemorate the event rather than getting something material, unless that happens to also be a good way to differentiate the occasion, while keeping it personal, spontaneous and away from the commercial does make the date more relevant and worthy. The first part of this point pretty much applies only to poly, but the second part does fix something that I’ll present as follows.
I propose to extinguish the “Singles Awareness Day” and the “Love-fools Day” and override it with the “Love Days”: 13th, 14th, 15th of ANY MONTH (But specially February).
- Do something rather than get something, unless that something is personal and relevant.
- Be spontaneous but if the plan is elaborated, make agreements beforehand.
- Express your feelings (Verbally, written, musically, however you want it).
- Respect the others boundaries and times.
- Have fun!
#Bond Day: 13th - Use this day with the people you’re interested with and show them a good time, find your common space where you both feel at ease. You will avoid overcrowded places this way at the same time as you forge new relationships or strengthen the ones that are already there.
#Give Day: 14th - Use this day with the people that needs your love the most but don’t do it out of pity: LOVE LIKE YOU MEAN IT. If you can, organize a party or a small meet and invite them. You can always celebrate your love with your significant other on another day that doesn’t involve packed restaurants and overpriced floral arrangements.
#Give Day: 14th - If you detect that the person who needs your love the most is yourself, wear warm colored clothing (Red, Pink, Orange, Yellow) and do something you enjoy. Avoid typical V-Day venues if you are on your own or stay at home if necessary. People that want to show love should go toward people that are in need, not the other way, so if they show up welcome them or if they call you go for it and have a good time. If it doesn’t happen naturally, don’t sulk. Now is a good time to evaluate honestly why people would avoid you. It will be painful but this will lead to developing a more charming personality if done correctly. Think positive, act like you deserve it and in the future you will be in the group of people that gives love. Eventually by letting love in it will seek you as it flows naturally instead of you chasing it (mostly away) while begrudging everybody that has it.
#Reward Day: 15th - Use the day with the people that deserve your love; show your appreciation to those who won it not only in the last two days, but always, day by day: Family, friends, significant other.
I’m sure the idea will flop, but, who knows~
I’m gonna have some lovely days anyway.
I’m so bad, bad, that I’m so good, good.
RuscoIstar: Battling the Chatelaine Sisters is suffering… x_x ULBW-WWWW-WWW5-6RU5 - Miiverse is a service that lets you communicate with other players from around the world. It is accessible via Wii U and systems in the Nintendo 3DS family.
Sakurai: Pic of the day. The heroic Aura Pokémon, Lucari… - Miiverse is a service that lets you communicate with other players from around the world. It is accessible via Wii U and systems in the Nintendo 3DS family.
This is a blog that is devoted to featuring and spotlighting artists who wish to leave FurAffinity (or have already done so) but either cannot due to requiring commissions to stay afloat financially or, for those who HAVE left, will be dealing with financial issues as a result.
If you would like to be featured, please visit the submit page for more information about what is necessary!